Start College Right!
Discover, Connect, Succeed!
What is UNIV 100?
- UNIV 100 is Mason’s transition to college course
- 1-credit elective designed for first-year students
- A dynamic and immersive introduction to college life at Mason
- Student-focused class covers many topics for a successful transition to college
- Fun, discussion-based and small-sized classes
Why Take UNIV 100?
LEARN ABOUT MASON & GET INVOLVED
Best way to find out about Mason resources!
- Academic, personal and career support services
- Student clubs & organizations
- Research and scholarship opportunities
- How to get involved on campus
CONNECT WITH PEERS & FACULTY
Create a sense of community!
- Taught by a faculty member and a Peer Advisor, who is an upper-class Mason student
- Instructors are there to mentor and support you as you navigate your first year.
LEARN SKILLS & DISCOVER
You will cover many college success & life skills:
- Academic success skills
- Time and money management
- Resume writing
- Interpersonal relationships
- Explore your interests and build your strengths
- And many more!
Here’s what our students say!
Click on the video above to see what others say about the class.
How to Register for UNIV 100
General sections open to all students as well as specialized sections for certain student populations available!
Click here to see all available sections
Speak with your academic advisor during registration!
New Transfer Student to Mason?
UNIV 300 – Transfer Transition
Half-semester course only. Online Section available!
Designed for transfer student success!
Click here to see all available sections!